Locates and notifies customers, by telephone, with delinquent accounts and attempts to secure payment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Contact customers by phone to encourage and secure payment of delinquent accounts. Dialogue with customer by telephone in attempt to determine reason for overdue payment, reviewing terms of sales, service, or credit contract with customer. Provides orientation to customer concerning payment alternatives, debt restructuring and obtains payment promise. Follows-up on payment promises. Receives payments and posts amount paid to customer account. Records information about financial status of customer, update demographic information, and status of collection efforts. Traces customer to new address by inquiring at post office and other locations.
+ 60 Bachelor’s degree credits approved
At least two years or more of related experience in collections or customer service.
- Ability to identify the client’s problems and necessities to offer different alternatives and solutions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and can work in groups.
- Ability to manage difficult situations with clients.
- Communication skills in both spoken and written English and Spanish.
- Ability to establish priorities and work with multiple tasks at the same time.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Flexibility to work extended hours, holidays and travel.
- Customer service skills
- Knowledge of rules and regulations applicable to the collection of money
- Ability to influence others, reach agreements and handle difficult situations with clients
Collaboration & Teamwork
Popular an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer