Do you want towalk or run a 5K?
Interest in running 5k races has increased for the last few years in Puerto Rico because they offer the opportunity for people interested in sports to participate according to their category. Adrenaline plays an important role in these types of events; it activates runners to want to be part of it. A 5K is equal to 3.1 miles and is suitable for those who run and walk. The important thing is to accept the challenge as motivation!
Here are some useful tips to help you achieve good performance:
• Perform a physical exam before you start training.
• Decide on the goal you want to reach.
• Establish a schedule for the body to adapt to physical activity.
• Select a facility that’s in good condition to minimize possible injury during practice.
• Use suitable clothing and comfortable footwear.
• Combine dynamic exercise training, repetitions and stretching before and after exercise.
• Eat an adequate and balanced combination of carbohydrates and proteins.
• Remember that it is essential to hydrate before, during and after training.
Example of Training (Beginners)
Here is a training plan of 4 weeks so you can prepare for your first race. The following plan provides the option to walk 25 minutes or to run 30 minutes straight. Once you achieve running or walking 30 minutes without stopping, we guarantee that you will be able to complete your first 5K.
Start training today!
For more information, visit www.5k.popular.com