Updated March 18, 2020
We’re here to give you support
We’re taking additional preventive measures to ensure the wellbeing of our customers and employees and to continue providing essential financial services.
- Starting on Wednesday, March 18, our branches will operate until 1:00 p.m. and our drive-through lanes will operate until 3:00 p.m.
- We are waiving non-client fees in our automatic teller machines (ATMs) as well as the fees levied to Popular clients at other institutions’ ATMs.
- We have increased the limit1 for deposits made through Mobile Easy Deposit2 to $10,000. Other limits will apply to commercial deposits.
- Unlimited number of transactions at our drive-through lanes to cash checks, deposit cash or checks, withdraw money, and pay businesses. The new limit for drive-thru teller transactions is $10,000.1
If this situation has affected you financially, we are here to provide you financial alternatives, including temporary payment relief. To obtain information about the available assistance options, please call 787.522.4945 or 1.833.221.2203:
- Mortgage loans, option 1
- Personal loans, auto leasing and loans, option 2
- Credit cards, option 3
If you are a commercial customer, please contact our Business Banking Center at 787.756.3939 or call your relationship officer.
- Starting on March 18, our branches will operate until 1:00 p.m. and our drive-through lanes will operate until 3:00 p.m.
- We’re limiting the amount of people who can be inside our branches at the same time
- We recommend keeping a safe distance from other customers
- We have hand sanitizer available so customers and employees may use it
- Branches are cleaned daily using disinfectant products and following the guidelines set forth by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- We have informed our employees about the cleaning protocol recommended by the CDC
- Drive-Through Banking – If you are looking for an alternative to carry out your transactions outside the branch, take advantage of the drive-through lanes which are a safe and convenient way to conduct your transactions.
- Digital Services – Use them to complete your transactions without having to visit our branches. Some of their benefits are: available 24/7; access to your accounts so you can check your balances, deposits, and withdrawals; bill payments; fund transfers between accounts; open an e-account through Mi Banco Mobile; and fund transfers between people with ATH Móvil.3 Manage your business accounts through Web Cash Manager and Mi Banco Comercial.
- Easy Deposit4 – Deposit cash and checks at more than 260 automatic teller machines or through Mobile Easy Deposit in your phone.
- Automatic teller machines – We have more than 640 ATMs operating around the island with the usual services available, such as Retiro Móvil5 and Easy Pay.6
- TeleBanco Popular – Call 787.724.3659, available 24/7 with automated service. There will be customer service officials at hand to help you complete your transactions, if needed.
For the moment being, some of our offices will remain closed. If necessary, please contact:
- Popular Auto – To make payments, request balances and copies, 787.792.9282
- Popular Mortgage – For questions about mortgage products (except Mortgage Servicing), 787.707.7070
Popular Insurance – Our Popular Insurance team its offering services remotely. You may contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- Popular Risk – Inquiries and Customer Service, 787.213.0118 For your convenience, Popular Risk Services team is offering remote assistance and services. Contact your insurance agent or assigned account executive at 787.213.0118.
- Popular Securities – To ask questions about investments or for guidance, contact your financial advisor or call 787.758.7400
We invite you to follow us on social media, through Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, or our webpage, popular.com/en/coronavirus, where we will provide updates about any changes in our operations.
We thank you for trusting us and reiterate our commitment to provide you the exceptional service you deserve.
1The suspension of ATM withdrawal fees and the increase in limits for deposits made at drive-through teller are temporary measures and will only be upheld until the end of the COVID-19 situation. 2For more information regarding the changes in limits for Mobile Easy Deposit, please visit popular.com/en/easy-deposit/mobile/. 3ATH Móvil is a service offered by Evertec, Inc. 4Deposits are subject to the Bank’s Fund Availability Policy. Certain conditions apply. 5Withdrawals are subject to the availability of funds in your account. 6Payments are subject to the availability of funds in your account.