Did you know that 75% of consumers research a product online before buying it at the store? With the Google My Business platform you can insert your business in that digital universe and take it to a new dimension. What’s best: it’s free. Here is what you should know.
Google is the #1 online search engine in the world and has 3.5 billion daily searches. Around 92% of people who search the Internet to find something use Google. Have you searched for your business on Google or Google Maps? Registered companies have a panel with a map, their hours of operation, telephone number, address, photos and/or images, and more. With Google My Business you can claim this space and make the most of this search engine’s power to provide updated information, increase traffic to your business, and measure the success of your digital ad campaigns.
Check out these facts:
- Searches for businesses, like “________ near me”, increased 300% in two years.
- 30% of searches made from mobile devices sought addresses or physical locations.
If your business has several locations, Google My Business allows you to integrate them all under your brand on Google and Google Maps. In addition, you can:
- Get reviews from your customers and have conversations that help you improve their experience.
- Get reports of searches, visits, calls, and reviews in real time.
- And with the free Posts function, you can add multimedia content directly on Google.
Having your business and creating new locations in Google My Business is very easy. You can manage it from Google Search. Just follow these steps:
- Go to google.com/business and click on “Manage Now”.
- Search for or add your company.
- Choose your business’ category. Keep in mind that some categories have additional functions (such as a Menu, in the case of restaurants).
- Add your business’ information, location, and contact information.
- Choose a verification method to confirm that this location is actually yours.
- Card via regular mail. They will send a card with a unique code to the address specified.
- Verification via email or phone, or immediate verification. If the registration email, phone or website is verified by Google as part of the company, this process can be as quick as getting an email back or it may take just a few seconds.
- Activate your profile and update your business’ information.
Complete the information for each location you own. This way you generate more trust and give customers more options to communicate with you. A business with updated data is 38% more likely to attract visits and receives 7 times more clicks, compared to an incomplete profile. If you include photos and a telephone number, you increase the chances of receiving visits by 90%.
Three important advantages
The benefits provided by Google My Business can be classified into three groups:
- Standing out – It allows your business to stand out by integrating all information regarding hours of operation, telephone number, address, photos, website, and social media. The Posts function makes it possible to update content and upload text, videos, GIFS, and photos to keep your customers up to date and deliver content directly on Google. Certain categories have additional options, like scheduling appointments without leaving Google.
- Interacting – Google My Business allows customers to leave reviews of your business. These encourage you to start conversations to thank congratulatory messages or understand the reason why criticism was provided. Customers can also interact with your business through calls and messages. They can even reserve tables, schedule appointments, and read additional information from the platform.
- Attracting new customers – Google My Business’ analytical capabilities show how customers search for your business, the hours in which they search more, and the most effective keywords to find you. You can even verify the number of calls or requests for your business address that are generated from the platform. For a modest price, Google My Business can be integrated with Google Ads to create local advertising campaigns, reach new audiences, find new keywords, and promote your business in the Search, Display, Maps, and YouTube functions.
Now that you know all the advantages Google My Business has to offer and how you can register your business, what are you waiting for? Act today.
Contáctica is a leading digital marketing services agency in Puerto Rico, with offices in San Juan and Medellín, Colombia. It offers a range of innovative solutions and digital marketing strategies to meet and exceed its clients’ goals. It has an international team with members located in six countries.
This article is informative in nature and does not constitute an endorsement or guarantee of its accuracy. Popular nor any of its affiliates, subsidiaries, or related companies, are and will not be liable for any special, direct or indirect, incidental or consequential damages, including, but not limited to, loss of earnings arising from or related to communications, articles, or advice provided by Contáctica or that may ensue from the information contained in this article, which was not prepared by Popular. Popular is dedicated to providing banking services, so it is not engaged (directly or indirectly) in any type of business related to what is illustrated in this article. If you require any type of these services, you should seek the advice of a competent professional of your preference. Popular is not responsible in any way for the result of any related initiative if you decide to voluntarily communicate with Contáctica.