Updates Virgin Islands: Preventive measures to continue ensuring your safety from the coronavirus (COVID-19)
We are taking additional preventive measures1 to ensure the well-being of our customers and employees and to continue providing essential financial services while ensuring the safety of our customers, employees and community in the Virgin Islands.
- We are waiving charges to non-customers at our ATMs as well as to Popular customers who use other institutions’ ATMs1.
- We have increased the daily deposit allowance via Mobile Easy Deposit 2: individual clients may deposit up to$10,0003 and commercial clients up to $25,000.
- We will process unlimited transactions at our drive-through lanes: check cashing, cash or check deposits, cash withdrawals and merchant payments. We have increased limits to $10,000 per transaction1.
- Branches will open from 8:00 AM to 1:00 PM providing services at the drive-thru and walk-up tellers windows only.
- No lobby service will be provided.
- Hibiscus Alley, closed until further notice.
- Due to the recent British Virgin Islands Cabinet order, all operations in Tortola and Virgin Gorda will be closed from Friday, March 27 through April 2, 2020. Nevertheless, all digital banking tools will remain available.
Any changes in operations will be notified through the news media and social networks.
SERVICES AVAILABLE FOR YOU
- Digital Services: Our 24/7digital services allow you to conduct different transactions without visiting a branch.
- Access your accounts, balances and manage your bill payments through Mi Banco Online
- Make your checks deposits with Mobile Easy Deposits 2 and Mobile Withdrawals4
- Transfer of funds between people via ATH Móvil5
- Opening of e-account through Mi Banco MobileApp
- Manage your business accounts through Web Cash Manager and Mi Banco Comercial
- Drive-Through Banking: Our drive-through lanes provide a safe and convenient way to conduct your transactions. Check our branch map.
- ATMs: More than 20 Popular ATMs throughout the region are operating normally and offer Mobile Withdrawals4.
- TeleBanco Popular®: Call 1-888-724-3659, available 24/7 with automated service. If necessary, we have banking representatives who can assist you in conducting your transactions.
Products and services offered by Banco Popular de Puerto Rico.
1The suspension of ATM withdrawal fees and the increase in limits for deposits made at drive-thru tellers are temporary measures and will only be upheld until the end of the COVID-19 situation. 2Mobile Easy Deposit service is not available in BVI. Deposits are subject to the Bank’s Funds Availability Policy and are insured by the FDIC, except in BVI. 3After COVID-19 situation, limits will revert to regular amounts. Regular amounts are: Monetary deposit limits: $5,000 per check, $5,000 total daily and up to $15,000 on a 25 day period. Check deposit limits: maximum of 10 checks daily and up to 50 checks in a 25 day period. You will receive an email confirmation when the check is approved. Certain restrictions may apply. 4Withdrawals are subject to available funds in your account. 5ATH Móvil is a service offered by Evertec, Inc.