Fraud has become a huge problem for businesses and consumers who use credit and debit cards. For this reason, Banco Popular has a team that monitors, 24 hours a day, your credit and debit cards transactions to detect any unusual pattern of usage. On some occasions, Banco Popular may contact you to confirm some transactions.
People who intend to commit fraud obtain the necessary information through various means, including:
- Theft of the card.
- A receipt or account statement.
- Electronic devices that copy the card’s magnetic strip.
Use your debit card safely.
- Memorize your secret number or PIN.
- When you choose your PIN, do not use personal numbers such as your Social Security number, birth date, or common sequences such as 1234, 1111, 7777.
- Do not write your PIN on the plastic of your debit card; do not share your number with anyone.
- Do not allow other people to watch you enter your secret number.
- If you learn that someone has access to your PIN, immediately notify the Bank and change your secret number.
- Never lend your card to others or leave it as a security deposit.
- Safeguard or appropriately destroy any document that includes information about your cards, including purchase receipts and account statements.
- If you receive an e-mail asking you to confirm confidential information about your accounts, do not provide information. These are not official messages.
- If you are contacted by an institution you do not recognize, never reveal confidential information, such as your Social Security number, PIN, account number or expiration date. The Bank may contact you to validate a transaction, but it will not request any of the information listed above.
- If you are going to reveal any information, do so only if you have originated the call and you are sure that you are calling a trustworthy place.
For details of your transactions, you can access your account in www.popular.com, check your monthly account statement or call the Business Banking Center at 787.756.3939 or 1.855.756.3939