Sometimes the hustle and bustle of our daily routine barely allows us to take a break. The truth is that between school, projects, work, exercising, family, and friends, we don’t have much time to spare. There are so many daily commitments keeping us busy that we hardly have a chance to pamper and reward ourselves. However, setting aside some “me” time is essential to maintain a life balance and care for ourselves.
And what better way to reward ourselves than by taking time off for a getaway? It can be a weekend trip to rest or a longer one to discover a new country. No matter your destination, you can get there by using a credit card that rewards you for every purchase.
Why get a travel rewards credit card?
A travel rewards credit card allows you to earn miles or points on your purchases, which can later be redeemed for travel.
Popular offers several travel rewards cards. Find the one that is best for you.
Popular / AAdvantage® Visa Signature Plus offers:
• Up to 50,000 AAdvantage® welcome miles within the first 12 months of opening the account, after making qualifying purchases.
• 3X AAdvantage® miles for every $1 on American Airlines purchases, hotels and car rentals.
• 1X AAdvantage® mile for every $1 spent on other purchases
• Additional benefits such as preferential boarding, zero foreign transaction fees, concierge service, and car rental insurance, among others
• $50 annual fee
JetBlue Mastercard® Eleva offers:
• 25,000 TrueBlue welcome points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 90 days of opening the account
• 3X TrueBlue points for every $1 spent on JetBlue purchases
• 1X TrueBlue point for $1 on all other purchases
• 50% savings in on-board purchases on JetBlue flights
• Free first bag for the cardholder and up to 3 companions on JetBlue flights
• $99 annual fee
JetBlue Mastercard offers:
• 5,000 TrueBlue welcome points after $1,000 in purchases within the first 90 days of opening the account
• 2X TrueBlue points for every $1 spent on JetBlue purchases
• 1X point on other purchases
• 50% savings in on-board purchases during your JetBlue flight
• $0 annual fee
To redeem your points for travel, visit each airline’s frequent flyer program websites or apps. Miles or points earned by using the credit card are automatically transferred to the frequent flyer program account at the closing date of each statement. These miles or points are added to those earned on your trips and those you earn with other companies participating in the program.
Visit popular.com/en/cards/travel, compare the benefits each card offers, and find the one that suits you best.
To apply, you must:
• Be a resident of Puerto Rico
• Be 21 years or older. If you are under 21, you must provide evidence of emancipation or marriage
• Have an email address
• Have your Social Security number on hand
Remember that credit products are subject to credit approval. Certain restrictions and conditions apply. For details, go to https://www.popular.com/en/cards/
Have you decided on a card? Apply through the “Products” section on the Mi Banco Mobile app, call 1-888-724-3653, or visit your nearest branch.