If your property experienced damage after the recent seismic events, please examine the damage and file a property insurance claim.
Here are ten recommendations to consider prior to filing a claim with your insurance company.
- Inspect your home to determine if it suffered any structural damage. Take photos of property damages.
- If your insurance policy includes content coverage, check for damages to your personal or business property, as applicable, and take photos.
- If possible, protect your property against subsequent losses.
- Prepare a detailed inventory of any destroyed or damaged property. If possible, be sure to include:
- Property description and amount
- Exact or approximate date of purchase
- Purchase Price
- Estimate for repairs or replacement
- If you have photos of the property before and after the loss, include them.
- Have the following information at hand: insurance policy number, mortgage loan number and the name of the financial institution.
- Contact your representative, insurance producer or insurance company to report the loss. You may be asked for additional information to complete the claim.
- If you are a client of the authorized representative Popular Insurance, call us at 787-706-4111 or visit our offices located at Corporate Office Park on Martínez Nadal Avenue in Guaynabo. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- If you are a client of the insurance producer Popular Risk Services, you can file your claim by calling 787-731-6900 or by visiting our offices located at Corporate Office Park on Martínez Nadal Avenue in Guaynabo, which are open Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- You can also file your claim directly with the insurance company.
- Remember to preserve the damaged property until the insurance company’s adjuster inspects it. Ask the adjuster for their name and ID so you can follow up on your claim.
Remember that at Popular Insurance and Popular Risk Services we are ready to assist you and provide the support you need. Your safety is important to us. We are always by your side.
Insurance products are offered by Popular Insurance and Popular Risk Services, both subsidiaries of Popular, Inc. and affiliates of Banco Popular de Puerto Rico. Insurance products are not deposits, are not insured by FDIC or other federal government agencies, are not guaranteed by Banco Popular de Puerto Rico and may lose value.